What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication helps protect you and your Foodworks.online account by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and account verification through the use of an authenticator app. This means, even if someone else hacks, guesses or phishes your password, they'll be stopped if they don't have access to your authenticator.
Download an authenticator app
If you have never used two-factor authentication with an authenticator app before, prior to enabling the function in Foodworks.online, you should download and set up your authenticator app for the first time. There are a few options to choose from. Some apps you may find useful include:
Using two-factor authentication for your profile
Once you have set up your authenticator app, you can enable two-factor authentication for your Foodworks.online profile. When you set two-factor authentication for your profile it means only your account requires two-factor authentication. To set this up for the first time:
- Open Foodworks.online.
- On the topbar select Account and from the dropdown list select Profile.
- Select Enable two-factor authentication.
- Follow the prompts to set up two-factor authentication in your authenticator app.
You can disable two-factor authentication at any time by selecting Disable two-factor authentication in your Profile settings.
Using two-factor authentication for your organisation
This section applies to organisation owners only.
For more information, see What is an organisation owner?
You can also enable two-factor authentication for your entire Foodworks.online organisation. When you set up two-factor authentication for your organisation it means every user is required to authenticate their sign in. To set this up for the first time:
- Open the Workspace dashboard.
- On the topbar, select Organisation Settings. (Only the organisation owner can see and access these settings.)
- From the sidebar, click Security.
- Toggle on Require two-factor authentication for anyone with access to your organisation.
All users within your organisation will be prompted to set up two-factor authentication next time they sign in to Foodworks.online. They will not be able to access Foodworks.online without two-factor authentication unless the organisation owner toggles off the requirement in Organisation Settings
- If any organisation you belong to requires you to use two-factor authentication, then you will be required to authenticate every sign in to the app.