Create a custom food when a food you need is not available in the data sources or you have your own nutrient data for a food.
You can create a food for use within the whole workspace or for a specific client.
To create a food
- Open your workspace.
- To create a food for the workspace: On the sidebar, click Resources, then in the navigation pane, select New > Food.
- OR -
To create a food for a client: On the sidebar, click Clients, then in the navigation pane, select the client. Then select New > Food (or, on this client's Resources tab, click Create new > Food).
- On the General tab, enter the name of the food. The other fields are optional. See Fields on the General tab.
- On the Nutrients tab, specify the nutrient composition of the food. See Enter or edit nutrient values for a food.
- Optional: On the Measures tab, enter measures for this food. If the food is a liquid, also set the volume measures here. See Enter or edit measures for a food.
- Click Save.
To edit a food
- Open the food and make the necessary edits.
- Click Save.
Fields on the General tab
- Enter the name for the food.
- Id 1 and Id 2
- Optional: Enter Ids for this food.
- Optional: Classify the food by tagging it using an existing tag or creating a new tag.
- Optional: Enter a description for this food.
- Optional: Enter notes for this food.
- Timestamps showing when this food was created and modified.
A food is a resource. See What is a resource?
Please sign in to leave a comment.