Warning and advisory statements must be provided for certain foods or ingredients which may cause health risks for some consumers. For example, a food product containing the ingredient royal jelly is required to have a warning statement, which states that: This product contains royal jelly which has been reported to cause severe allergic reactions and, in rare cases, fatalities, especially in asthma and allergy sufferers. For more information, see Standard 1.2.3 and Schedule 9 of the Food Standards Code.
To display warning and advisory statements on the label of a recipe
- Open the relevant recipe or sub recipe.
- Navigate to the Labelling tab.
- Click the Statements sub-tab.
- Toggle on all warning and advisory statements relevant to your recipe.
- If you do not set the status for all allergens and warning and advisory statements, Foodworks displays warnings in the warnings/errors menu up the top of the screen
- If you have previously declared the presence of any of the listed statement options when entering the nutritional composition of any raw materials or sub recipes, these will be highlighted with a warning tooltip
Recipes inherit the allergen declarations set in their ingredients (comprising of raw materials and/or sub recipes). You can override any allergen values set in the ingredients of a recipe by setting the allergen declarations on the Overrides tab of the final recipe.