Recipes and sub recipes inherit the allergen declarations from their ingredients (raw materials and sub recipes), and the inherited allergens are declared on the recipe label.
However, you can choose to override these inherited values.
To override allergens for a recipe or sub recipe
- Open the recipe or sub recipe.
- On the Overrides tab, in the Override column, for the relevant Allergens, select Yes, No or Maybe from the dropdown.
- Optional: Make notes in the Note column.
- Click Save.
Tip – Keyboard shortcuts for setting allergens
To quickly set the status for an allergen, in the Override column, click its value field and type y (for Yes), n (for No) or m (for Maybe).
Your input focus then automatically moves to the next allergen in the list, ready for you to type a letter.
- If you have not set the status for all allergens in this recipe or its ingredients (raw materials and sub recipes), Foodworks displays warnings in the warnings/errors menu up the top of the screen
- When this recipe or sub recipe is used as an ingredient in another recipe or sub recipe, its allergen declarations flow through to that recipe or sub recipe.
Please sign in to leave a comment.