This article steps you through logging a multi-day food record or a 24 hour recall for a client so that it is ready for nutritional analysis. This article is also available as a video tutorial, click to play below.
Create a food record or 24 hour recall
To create a new food record or 24 hour recall for a client:
- Open the workspace containing the client.
- On the left sidebar, click Clients.
- Select a client.
- In the navigation pane, select the client.
- In the navigation pane, click New and select Food record or 24 hour recall.
- On the General tab for food record or recall, enter its name.
- Enter optional information as required (see below).
- Click Save.
Now, when you select the client name in the navigation pane, the food record or 24 hour recall is listed. The food record or 24 hour recall is also shown in the client's Resources tab.
Note – Optional fields
The optional fields on the General tab are:
- ID 1 – Assign a searchable ID number.
- ID 2 – Assign an alternative searchable ID.
- Tags – To add a tag(s) for organising and searching for this resource, hover over the field, and click Add resource tag.
- Description – Add a description of the meal plan.
- Notes – Add notes about the meal plan.
For a food record, set the number of days or the dates
To set the number of days (or optionally, the dates) for the food record:
- Click the ellipsis (...) and select Configure days.
- Enter the number of days. Or alternatively, if you want to use dates, select Set date and then select start and end dates.
- Click Generate record.
- Optional: Rename the days, or refine the dates.
- Click OK.
When you click the Foods tab, these days/dates are shown.
Add meals and foods
To add meals and foods to the food record or 24 hour recall:
- Click the Foods tab.
- Click the day for which you are entering foods.
- Click the empty row beneath a meal name.
- Start typing the name of a food.
- To select a food from the list, use the mouse to click the food (or use the arrow keys to highlight the food and then press Enter).
- Enter the amount of the food as a number and a unit of measurement, for example, 1 cup. Select the unit of measurement from the drop-down list.
- Optional: Make a note about the food.
- To move to the next day in a food record, click the day.
- Repeat these steps until all the meals and foods are entered for this day.
- Click Save.
- To edit the name of a meal: Select the meal name and type the new name.
- To delete a meal: Point to the meal row, click the Ellipsis, and select Delete section.
- To add a meal: Click Add section.
Meals times are the same as sections. You can manipulate them in all the ways that you manipulate sections.