Apply a retention factor to an ingredient to adjust its level of vitamins, minerals or alcohol as a result of the preparation and cooking process undertaken. Retention factors are applied on an ingredient-by-ingredient basis.
To set retention factors for the ingredients in a recipe or sub recipe
- Open the recipe or sub recipe.
- On the Ingredients tab, hover over the ingredient and click Ellipsis.
- Select Set retention factor.
- In the Select retention factor group section, search for a food similar to this ingredient to base your retention factor on, and select the food.
- In the Select cooking process section, choose from the list of cooking methods.
- To move to the next ingredient in your recipe or sub recipe, select Next ingredient and repeat steps 4 and 5. Repeat as required.
- When you have finished applying retention factors for this recipe or sub recipe, click OK.
- Click Save.
- Setting a retention factor for ingredients accounts for vitamin, mineral and alcohol loss during cooking.
- When an ingredient is used in a very small quantity you may be able to ignore it.
If a retention factor is set for an ingredient, its name is shown in the ingredient row. Hover over the name to show more detail.